About Me

My photo
I am a Christian. I am devoted wife of over 11 years. A stay at home Mom of 4 crazy boys and one beautiful girl. I home school, I own my own photography business and I talk to walls sometimes too. Everyday I strive to be what the bible calls the "proverbs 31" woman. But, most of the times, even my Rubies are smeared in Peanut butter. But, I wouldnt change a thing.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"I'm Sorry....."I'm Not."

 "Are these all yours?"-Blonde Lady.   "Yes. Ma'am!"-Me.     "I'm Sorry!"-Blonde Lady.  "I'm NOT.  I am VERY Thankful."- Me


              Are people really that rude? The answer is yes they are.  The problem is they don't see anything wrong with these types of comments. And Lord knows, with 5 little ones; I hear it ALL the time.  This time was different somehow. Not just because it was the first time someone made a negative comment around Dan.  But, because it was the first time Isaac heard it, and understood what she was saying to me.

            "Mama?" Those beautiful big brown eyes looked at me with a sadness I couldn't explain.   "Yes, Isaac?" I replied.   "Why was that woman sad that I was born? I am glad I am born."  Part of me wished she would walk around the corner so SHE could answer his plea. But... "Isaac, some people don't like children...But, Mama and Daddy we do. And you have LOTS of people that love all of you and are extremely happy you are born."

        I am Mama. That is the word, it completes me.  I am protective. I am sensitive. My whole heart is sad when they cry (especially after a spankin). I say it all the time to be cute, but the reality is I really do want to beat up little children at playgrounds for hurting my baby.  They grow so fast and the mere glimpse of a photo of them makes me tear up and literally feel it in my heart. I love them so much, and sometimes I wish I could have 10 but, reality is that aint happening. So if there was one thing that hurts me the most is Societies view on these beautiful human beings that teach us what we have forgotten as we got older.  Patience. Love. Simplicity. To Live. To Forgive.  To have mercy and everything that God sent them for.  They are in reality the very BEST of God's work.  They are here to help remind us of the relationship between God and Man.  God the Father shows shows all those things to us, and God knows we test his patience.  But, Children are here to show us that same relationship, We like the Father should deal with them how we want God to deal with us, in our short comings.  Children are a blessing. 

"But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein."  Luke 18:16

        So when this Blonde Lady flashed the Catholic "sign of the cross" on her chest as she said "I'm Sorry."  I reminded her that "I am NOT"  I am NOT sorry that I have 5 beautiful children. I am not sorry that they drive me nuts sometimes because they are teaching me something. Even if I want to hit my head on the wall, DAILY. I also remember it is something within me that needs to changing.  And what a blessing it is to be rewarded so abundantly by God.  I am SO happy that all 5 of my children were given the chance at existance.  Not cause I choose, But, Because God did.  Sorry? NEVER.

2 comments:

  1. Very well put, Deanna!! It's hard to believe that people can speak so freely without thinking first. I'm willing to bet that her life wasn't/isn't nearly as full of love and joy as ours is on a daily basis. The love that you get from your children is like no other. The lessons that they can and do teach you (sometimes more often than you'd like) are some of the best. I'm not too proud to admit that my patience often wears very thin, I sometimes yell about trivial things, and that I still at 33 years old have oh so much to learn. Thank you for posting this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Angela.<3 Thanks for Commenting. These children are definately a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete